2018 East Lincoln Optimist Club Girls Fastpitch Softball
Softball Skills Assessments
Saturday - February 24th
8U & 10: 10:00 am at East Lincoln Optimist Fields
12U & 14/16U: 12:30pm at East Lincoln Optimist Fields
East Lincoln Optimist is chartering for Little League Softball and should be receiving final approval shortly.
As we begin to ramp up for the Spring season, we are preparing to play by little league regulations. As a member of the East Lincoln Optimist Softball family, you shouldn't see a lot of the changes but there is a lot going on in the background to prepare.
2018 Spring Softball Important Dates:
December 30th: Winter open-practice begins
January 13th Softball Registration Opens
Feb 16th: Late Fees Begin
Feb 24th: Registration Ends
Feb 24th: Skills Assessments & Drafts
Feb 26th: Practices Begin
March 24th: Opening Day
Mar. 30 - Apr. 8: spring break / no scheduled league activities
May 25-28: Memorial Day weekend / no scheduled league activities
June 2: Season Ends
TBD: June 9-15
Tentative Winter Open Practice: ONLY when temperatures are 34 degress or higher and there is no inclement weather.
8U: Saturdays 10:00 - 11:30 (Field #4) Coach Seth Johnson
10U: Saturdays 10:00 - 11:30 (Field #3) Coach Brandon Payne
12U: Saturdays 10:00 - 11:30 (Field #2) Coach Tracey Carrel
16U: Saturdays 11:30 - 1:00 (Field #2) Coach Jonathan Kamanns & Jason Birchfield
Spring 2018 Head Coaches:
8U: Seth Johnson
8U: Jeff Cook
10U: Brandon Payne
12U: Mark Johnson
12U: Tracy Carrol
16U: Jason Birchfield
16U: Jonathan Kamanns
2017 Fall Softball Important Dates:
- Confirmation of interest to coach (head, assistant, or either) and the age group.
- Due July 28th (to me)
- Fall registration opens
- July 17th (Monday)
- In-Person Registration (ELO)
- July 29th
- August 7th NMFL Head-Coaches meeting (mandatory) at ELO
- Assessments (all age groups)
- August 12th (3pm – 6pm) fields 2 & 3
- (details below)
- Late registration ends
- September 1st
- Uniform distribution (ELO)
- September 2nd
- Fall opening day
- September 5th
- Last day of regular season (no extensions)
- October 28th
- First day of Fall tournament
- October 30th
- Final Tournament Saturday (East Lincoln Optimist)
- November 11th
Most Recent Fall Season Update
Assessments are scheduled for Saturday, August 12th from 3:00pm - 6:00pm. I will update the age-group schedule on the softball page of the ELOC website.
- 8U: 3-3:45pm (field #3)
- 10U: 4:00 - 4:45pm (field #3)
- 12U: 4:00 - 4:45pm (field #2)
- 14U/16U: 5:00 - 5:45pm (field #2)
Note: A player may not move up an age group early unless all apply:
- They are within a year of eligibility for the next age-group
- They have been assessed by all head-coaches for that age-group and it's determined that the move would not impact the safety of anyone on the field
- The move does not place the age-applicable age-group in a negative position or player count.
Middle-School Softball Tryouts:
While we have a number of athletes who will be playing for both ELOC and their middle-school softball teams, there are also a number of athletes who want to wait until middle-school tryouts have completed.
If your athlete is trying out for middle-school softball before making a decision on ELOC softball, please register now (don't pay yet), and be sure to add a note that you are waiting for the outcome of middle-school softball tryouts. I will move your registration to 'waitlist'.
- Update uniform sizes upon registration so that we're prepared to order these uniforms when the registration is paid.
- Complete registration payment as soon as you know that your athlete will be playing ELOC Softball
- Send me an email when you've made a decision so that I can update the registrations/teams
- Your athlete will be placed on a team as soon registration payment has been completed
Good luck to everyone trying out!
There are a number of reasons why registrations may be currently unpaid. However, please know that no athlete will be assigned to a team until the registration has been paid.
Team Practices & Opening Day:
Team practices begin the weekend of August 22nd and opening day for Fall softball is September 5th.
Thank you for taking a few minutes to review this update. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns - please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly.
I look forward to another great season of Softball,
ELOC Softball Commissioner