2018 Fall Sofball Important Information
Softball assessments are next week... so it is time to get your athlete(s) registered and ready to begin practices for the fall softball season. We are excited to kick off another successful softball season and look forward to seeing everyone at the fields. Don't miss the opportunity for your athlete to play this fall!
Note: We're looking to add Head Coaches for each of our age groups. If you are interested in helping to ensure our young atheltes have a great seaons, please contact me.
Please take a few minutes to review the information below and share with anyone who you think might be interested.
Assessments Schedule: (field locations to be announced)
- 8/13/2018: 5:30 – 7:00pm (Register: 10U – Minors)
- 8/13/2018: 7:00 – 8:30pm (Register: 12U – Majors)
- 8/14/2018: 5:30 – 7:00pm (Register: 8U – Rookies)
- 8/14/2018: 7:00 – 8:30pm (Register: 14U – Register: 16U – Juniors & Seniors)
When we have reached enough athletes for 2 full teams in each age group, all other registered athletes will be added to the waitlist until either (1) enough athletes for a third team are registered or (2) athletes are not paid-in-full and replaced with a waitlisted athlete. Too few, or too many athletes on a team is not beneficial for our athletes.
Additional Season Details:
- The draft & team assignments will occur by the next evening following the assessments.
- All athletes must be paid-in-full prior to being drafted to a team.
- If not, they will be assigned to a team once reconciled; based on player count and team need
- Please be sure that all uniform sizes in the system are updated
- Practice schedules are determined by (1) field availability and (2) coach’s schedule
- Coaches often secure additional practices at other facilities to give the athletes more practice time.
- Field availability is determined by final team counts for softball and baseball
- All teams will have equal practice time
- Game schedules are mostly determined by District 3 Little League (1) team counts by age group, (2) field availability, and team blackout dates.
- Often is the case where weather affects practices and/or games.
- Games take priority and will be scheduled based on next available field availability, regardless of originally scheduled practices or blackout dates
- There are generally two time-slots available for weeknight games. (6:00pm – 7:30pm) and 7:30pm – 9:00pm). There may be some variation to this based on field availability
- The 7:30pm slot often starts later due to prior games that have run over.
- Games cannot start before 6:00pm because of the time needed to travel to other fields.
- Rookies (8U) and Minors (10U) will always have the earlier time slot
- Majors (12U) will have next priority for the early slot but may end up with some later time slots (especially with game reschedules for weather, etc.)
- Juniors/Seniors (14U/16U) will typically have the later slot considering the limited field availability and the priority of the younger age groups for the earlier time slots
About Your Coaches:
- All coaches and assistant coaches are volunteers who give of themselves and their own time to coach our athletes.
- We ensure that all coaches pass a stringent Little League background check
- A coach’s primary responsibilities are the safety of our athletes, lessons in teamwork & citizenship, and sports skills.
- At all times, coaches are expected set the example for our athletes.
Please do not hesitate to offer your assistance to the team and the coaches to ensure a successful season for everyone.
If during the season you have any questions, comments, concerns, or kudos, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly as the season progresses.
We look forward to seeing you on the fields soon!
East Lincoln Little League Softball Commissioner
Congratulations to the District 3 (Seniors) Little League All-Stars Softball Team
2nd Place States Tournament
In just their first time ever playing together, the combined
East Lincoln, Lake Norman, and Mallard Creek Little League Seniors team finished 2nd place
in the All-Stars State Tournament this weekend in Winston-Salem, NC. Way to go Diva Dirt Devils!
East Lincoln LL: Cheyanne, Savannah, Harmony, Ireyona, Amaris, Samantha, Daneille & Autumn
Lake Norman LL: Alli & Josie
Mallard Creek LL: Amaris & Jhneal
All-Stars Tryout Results
8-10 Year Olds: Not enough interest to create a team
10-12 Year Olds: Not enough interest to create a team
Unfortunately there was not enough interest for All-Stars or Tournament teams for the above age groups
*13-16 Year Olds: We will post the list shortly for both All-Stars and Tournament
The Little League International Tournament is the most widely known youth sports tournament in the world. There are six levels of tournament play in Little League Baseball®
and five within Little League Softball®, with opportunities for players ages 8 to 16. The tournaments start at the District level, and teams must win their way to advance
through the International Tournament. The 8- to 10-Year-Old and 9- to 11-Year-Old Tournaments culminate at the State Level, while the Little League,
Little League Intermediate (50/70) Baseball, Junior League, and Senior League divisions all conclude at a World Series Tournament. Leagues pay a one-time fee to enter each team
into the Little League International Tournament, with 100 percent of that fee returning to local Little League teams that advance through the
International Tournament to help offset costs.
All-Star & Tournament Tryout Schedule
We will leverage the same tryout schedule for Little League All-Stars tryouts this Saturday. You may try out for both All-Stars and a Tournament Team and will just need to let us know on Saturday if it's just one or both.
Note: For All-Stars, your athlete must have played 1/2 + 1 regular season softball games this spring season. However, anyone can play on the summer tournament teams
Certified copies of birth certificates must be retained by each team's designated official
11:00am - 12:30pm: League eligible All-Stars 8 - 10 Year Olds (8U/10U tournament)
1:00pm - 2:30pm: League eligible All Stars 10-12 Year Olds (12U Tournament)
3:00pm - 4:30pm: League Eligible All-Stars 13-16 Year Olds (14u/16U tournament)
2018 East Lincoln Optimist Club Girls Fastpitch Softball
Softball Opening Day Schedule
1:00 - Opening Ceremonies (Field #2)
1:15 - 2:00: 8U Softball Run Relay (Field #2)
2:00 - 2:45: 10U Softball Throw Relay (Field #2)
2:45 - 3:15: 12U Home Run Derby (Field #2)
3:15 - 3:45: 16U Home Run Derby (Field #2)
4:00 - 5:30 (Game) EL8U2 Thunder vs. EL8U3 Sharks (Field #4)
EL16U2 Umpires 8U
4:00 - 5:30 (Game) EL10U1 Panthers vs. EL10U2 Blue Crush (Field #3)
EL16U1 Umpires 10U
6:00 - 7:30 (Scrimmage) EL16U1 Lightening vs. EL16U2 Chaos (Field #2)
Teams are capped & closed at a maximum # of participants (13). Just about all of our Spring Softball teams are
completely full; with the exception of the few not yet capped below.
8U1 (capped) / 8U2 (capped) / 8U3 (capped)
10U1 (capped) / 10U2 (capped)
12U1 (capped) / 12U2 (capped)
16U1 (capped) / 16U2 (capped)
Spring 2018 Head Coaches:
8U1: Seth Johnson
8U2: Jeff Cook
8U3: Kevin Hogg
10U1: Brandon Payne
10U2: Tim Carroll
12U1: Mark Johnson
12U2: Tracy Carrol
16U1: Jason Birchfield
16U2: Jonathan Kamanns
Softball Skills Assessments
Saturday - February 24th
8U & 10: 10:00 am at East Lincoln Optimist Fields
12U & 14/16U: 12:30pm at East Lincoln Optimist Fields
East Lincoln Optimist is chartering for Little League Softball and should be receiving final approval shortly.
As we begin to ramp up for the Spring season, we are preparing to play by little league regulations. As a member of the East Lincoln Optimist Softball family, you shouldn't see a lot of the changes but there is a lot going on in the background to prepare.
2018 Spring Softball Important Dates:
December 30th: Winter open-practice begins
January 13th Softball Registration Opens
Feb 16th: Late Fees Begin
Feb 24th: Registration Ends
Feb 24th: Skills Assessments & Drafts
Feb 26th: Practices Begin
March 24th: Opening Day
Mar. 30 - Apr. 8: spring break / no scheduled league activities
May 25-28: Memorial Day weekend / no scheduled league activities
June 2: Season Ends
TBD: June 9-15
Tentative Winter Open Practice: ONLY when temperatures are 34 degress or higher and there is no inclement weather.
8U: Saturdays 10:00 - 11:30 (Field #4) Coach Seth Johnson
10U: Saturdays 10:00 - 11:30 (Field #3) Coach Brandon Payne
12U: Saturdays 10:00 - 11:30 (Field #2) Coach Tracey Carrel
16U: Saturdays 11:30 - 1:00 (Field #2) Coach Jonathan Kamanns & Jason Birchfield
2017 Fall Softball Important Dates:
- Confirmation of interest to coach (head, assistant, or either) and the age group.
- Due July 28th (to me)
- Fall registration opens
- July 17th (Monday)
- In-Person Registration (ELO)
- July 29th
- August 7th NMFL Head-Coaches meeting (mandatory) at ELO
- Assessments (all age groups)
- August 12th (3pm – 6pm) fields 2 & 3
- (details below)
- Late registration ends
- September 1st
- Uniform distribution (ELO)
- September 2nd
- Fall opening day
- September 5th
- Last day of regular season (no extensions)
- October 28th
- First day of Fall tournament
- October 30th
- Final Tournament Saturday (East Lincoln Optimist)
- November 11th
Most Recent Fall Season Update
Assessments are scheduled for Saturday, August 12th from 3:00pm - 6:00pm. I will update the age-group schedule on the softball page of the ELOC website.
- 8U: 3-3:45pm (field #3)
- 10U: 4:00 - 4:45pm (field #3)
- 12U: 4:00 - 4:45pm (field #2)
- 14U/16U: 5:00 - 5:45pm (field #2)
Note: A player may not move up an age group early unless all apply:
- They are within a year of eligibility for the next age-group
- They have been assessed by all head-coaches for that age-group and it's determined that the move would not impact the safety of anyone on the field
- The move does not place the age-applicable age-group in a negative position or player count.
Middle-School Softball Tryouts:
While we have a number of athletes who will be playing for both ELOC and their middle-school softball teams, there are also a number of athletes who want to wait until middle-school tryouts have completed.
If your athlete is trying out for middle-school softball before making a decision on ELOC softball, please register now (don't pay yet), and be sure to add a note that you are waiting for the outcome of middle-school softball tryouts. I will move your registration to 'waitlist'.
- Update uniform sizes upon registration so that we're prepared to order these uniforms when the registration is paid.
- Complete registration payment as soon as you know that your athlete will be playing ELOC Softball
- Send me an email when you've made a decision so that I can update the registrations/teams
- Your athlete will be placed on a team as soon registration payment has been completed
Good luck to everyone trying out!
There are a number of reasons why registrations may be currently unpaid. However, please know that no athlete will be assigned to a team until the registration has been paid.
Team Practices & Opening Day:
Team practices begin the weekend of August 22nd and opening day for Fall softball is September 5th.
Thank you for taking a few minutes to review this update. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns - please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly.
I look forward to another great season of Softball,
ELOC Softball Commissioner